It doesn’t matter if you are new to fishing or an experienced angler, bass fishing is not a complicated process (the complicated part comes with more experience). You need to know exactly what you need for Bass fishing. Here are the pieces of gear that you cannot do without:
- Fishing net
- Live bait or other lures
- A fishing line
- A rod and reel
The ultimate challenge you will have to face is figuring out what rod and reel combo to pick as a beginner. There are a variety of options available but it is critical to learn the difference between an open face reel and a closed face reel.
- Lures that are noisy work well for bass since they are naturally ornery. The noise also will attract bass when fishing at night.
- Use smaller lures during the cold months and bigger ones during warmer months.
- Use bright lures if the water looks murky. This will improve its visibility.
- During warm weather, consider using bright lures
- Soft plastic worms (purple nightcrawler with a white stripe)